It’s official, Christmas is upon us and just a week away. We know how challenging maintaining a dietary lifestyle can be, especially with holiday dinners. We are sharing our absolute favourite keto stuffing recipe to keep you feeling happy and full.
Nothing is worse than having to make different versions of the same dish for everyone’s dietary concerns or restrictions. We love testing new recipes and this is one that everyone will love. The saviour of the stuffing is Keto Bread and there are many brands out there with zero carbs in them!
6 Slices Keto Bread, torn into pieces (about two cups)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter, melted
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 white medium onion, chopped
½ cup mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp each Salt & Pepper
1 cup chicken broth
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350F and set aside a large greased baking dish.
- Tear the keto bread into small bite size pieces then drizzle with olive oil. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Saute butter, celery, onion, mushrooms, garlic, poultry seasoning, sage, salt and pepper in a pan for about 15 minutes over medium heat or until the vegetables are translucent (be sure not to overcook so your veggies to not become mushy).
- Whisk together the melted butter, chicken broth and beaten eggs then set aside.
- Mix together the toasted keto bread and vegetable mix in the greased baking dish then pour the egg mixture over it and lightly toss together.
- Bake at 350F covered with foil for 20 minutes then remove the tin foil and continue baking for 5 minutes uncovered.